Posted on January 29 2018
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Total cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Serving for 8
Serving size 8 ounce
- 1 whole natural young chicken
- 1 lime
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 3 Garlic Clove mince
- 1 tsp of liquid smoke
- 3 tbsp of Rotisserie Chicken Rub (from Whole Spice Napa Valley)
- If needed 1 tsp of salt for added flavor
Condiments in the rub are: Sea Salt, Garlic, Lemon, Thyme, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Chili & Parsley
1. In a large mixing bowl, rinse the chicken thoroughly with water. Then pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
2. Squeeze 1/2 a lime with 3 tsp of the olive oil and rub it all over the chicken and inside the chicken cavity.
Tip: with a small knife you can poke the chicken all over carefully not to brake the skin. This will help the chicken to absorb more of the seasoning inside and will give it a better flavor.
3. Mince the 3 garlic cloves and add it to the chicken with 2 small dashes of the liquid smoke. The Liquid smoke will give the chicken a nice smoky favor as if it is coming out of a smoker.
4. Add 3 tsp of Rotisserie Chicken Rub and the extra tsp of sea salt if needed. Rub all over the chicken and make sure you hit inside the chicken cavity as well.
5. Cover the Chicken with aluminum wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about 30 min. This will make the chicken to absorb more flavor before cooking.
6. Preheat the oven at 425 degree and place the chicken inside on a chicken stand or beer can to keep it standing up. This will mimic a Rotisserie type of roasted chicken. This technique will evenly cook the chicken all around. Keep it in the oven for about with hour or until the temperature inside the thickest side of the breast reaches 165 degree using a thermometer. Than raise the temperature to 450 degree to crisp the chicken skin for about 10 more minutes. By this time the chicken will be crispy, moist and delicious. Let it rest for 10 minutes before carving it.
Buy from theLowex.com