Posted on March 05 2018
Are you tired of cooking the same thing for your family? It is a great idea to create new dishes to brighten up their taste buds. Stir fry Chicken with Broccoli will be a great idea to introduce them to homemade Asian inspired dishes.
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Total cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving for 4
Serving size 4 ounce
- 1/2 pound of a chicken breast
- 1/2 pound of Broccoli
- 1 tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of agave nectar or honey
- 6 tbsp of sesame seed oil or walnut oil
- Scallions, Cilantro and pepper flakes for garnish
- In a medium size mixing bowl, rinse the chicken thoroughly with water to remove any impurities. Then patted to dry with a paper towel. Place the chicken on top of a cutting board and cut it into small strips. Then season the chicken with the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and the agave nectar or honey. Mix well the ingredients together with the chicken until it is well coated with the mixture. Note: add a sprinkle of salt for taste. Cover the chicken and place it in the refrigerator for 20 min.
- While the chicken is marinating inside the refrigerator, cut the broccoli flowery heads and stalk in halves or leave them whole if you want. Note: by cutting them in small pieces, it will be more easy to cook.
- In a deep frying pan or Chinese wok, add the 4tbsp of the sesame seed or walnut oil and bring it to medium high heat. Them add the chicken and sauté until tender and lightly brown for about 10 min. Then take it out of the pan put aside in a bowl.
- In the same wok or frying pan add 2 more tbsp of oil and add the broccoli to stir fried it for about 5 min or until a bit tender and crunchy. Constantly stirring the broccoli, so it won't burn. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir fried it with the broccoli stirring it constantly for about one min. Serve with white rice and sprinkle scallions, cilantro and pepper flakes for garnish.